Stampeders Foundation – Who We Are
The Stampeders Foundation is the charitable arm of the Calgary Stampeders Football Club, which is dedicated to creating a healthier and brighter community for Calgarians and Albertans. Established in 2013, the Foundation consolidates and strengthens the club’s many charitable endeavours, enabling the organization to build upon its long-standing commitment to the community.
The Stampeders Foundation is centered upon the support of amateur and grassroots football in Calgary and southern Alberta communities, while also supporting a number of health and education initiatives through player involvement and in-game programming.
In its short lifetime, the Foundation has donated over $4 million to football projects, which has been used to purchase equipment, provide post-secondary scholarships, and pay registration fees for youth. This also includes a $600,000 commitment to the Shouldice Athletic Fields Seasonal Shelter.
The goal of the Stampeders Foundation is to the support of amateur and grassroots football in Calgary and Southern Alberta communities.
PAST PROJECTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Nearly $900,000 donated to the Calgary Colts Football Club from the Stampeders Foundation since 2012, not including Calgary Stampeders contributions.
- Over $1 million donated to the Calgary Bantam Football Association from the Stampeders Foundation since 2012, not including Calgary Stampeders contributions.
- Over $300,000 donated to the Calgary Dino’s football program from the Stampeders Foundation since 2012, not including Calgary Stampeders contributions.
- $25,000 donated annually to high school football, which assists with operational costs and fees for medical personnel. Total donated is over $135,000.
- The Stampeders Foundation supports varsity coaches with quality game film and assistance from the team’s equipment supervisor and coaching staff led by Ross Folan.
- The $100,000 Stampeders Foundation donation to the John Forzani Memorial Athletic Awards Endowment supports awards for student members of the Calgary Dino’s football team.
- $600,000 donation towards the building of a seasonal shelter over Encana Field at Shouldice Park as a part of the 2019 Stampeders Grey Cup Legacy Project.
- Flag football kits donated to 48 Calgary Catholic School District (CCSD) junior high schools, which provided free access to flag football for over 2,000 students – a value of $48,000.
- The Foundation partners with the Canadian Cancer Society for the annual PinkPower game which has raised over $400,000.
- Partnership with Kids Up Front, where both the Foundation and season ticket holders donate game day tickets to Calgary youth.
- Over $3.6 million donated since the origination of the Stampeders Foundation in 2012.